Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quotes By Paul Batchelder








Letters to the Editor - June 24



Wisdom of the elders


Dear Editor:


It is true. There is nothing new under the sun. I ran across this list of quotes, some gathered from my elders, some made up on my own. They all seem to fit.


* Grandpa, what’s to become of this world?


* You can bend a tree (or a child) when it is young and make it grow where you want it to. As it grows older it gets harder and harder to do.


* Live within your means.


* Cash is king


* I make money, money does not make me.


* You don’t know what you don’t know.


* Make your plans, but do not plan on it.


* If God brings you to it, God will bring you through it.


* At the end of every life there is a cane.


* You get what you pay for.


* You create your own problems.


* It hurts to pay cash.


* Pain is in every life…suffering is optional.


Paul Batchelder

Roman Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment